There’s nothing more quintessential in the world of cannabis edibles than weed brownies.
Pretty much everyone loves brownies. This makes it a naturally choice to be infused with cannabis. Weed brownies – and the chocolate they contain – are also perfect for masking the cannabis taste for those who don’t like it.
With this being the case, recipes for weed brownies are a dime a dozen. How do you choose a good one?
Well, below we seek to make that easy by giving you the ultimate weed brownie recipe; and it just so happens to be vegan, making it enjoyable by most anyone; and trust us, there’s no sacrifice in taste.
Before we detail the recipe, we will note that it calls for cannabis butter. For those not able to buy this at a cannabis outlet/dispensary; or for those who simply want to make their own; below is a quick and easy recipe for cannabis butter:
- 100 grams of margarine or vegan butter (such as Earth’s Balance)
- 100 ml of water
- 5 grams of grinded cannabis flower or 100 grams of grinded leaves
Start by heating the butter and water together in a medium sauce pan; slowly stir in the grinded cannabis after a few minutes. Let this simmer for 20-30 minutes, making sure to stir often. Strain the mixture and remove the cannabis; then put the pan in the refrigerator. The butter will solidify at the top of the water; discard the water and your oil is ready to use for your cakes, brownies and cookies.
Now that we got that out of the way, to the main recipe:
Ultimate Weed Brownies Recipe
16 weed brownies
- ¼ cup nut butter (cashew or almond is preferred)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- organic brown sugar (½ cup)
- ¼ cup of cannabis coconit oil
- cocoa powder ¾ cup
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Equivalent of 2 eggs using Ener-G Egg Replacer or flax (for flax mix 2 tablespoons grounded with 4 tablespoons of water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (+ 2 tablespoons) of flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond butte with maple syrup, brown sugar and the melted cannabis coconut oil.
- In ¼ cup increments add cocoa powder, whisking until smooth. Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Add vegan eggs, making sure to mix it in well; then whisk in the flour. Fold until well incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Add chocolate chips and pour batter into pan, then using a spatula, smooth batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and cool for roughly an hour.
- Cut into 16 pieces and serve!
About Anthony Martinelli
Anthony, co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of TheJointBlog, has worked closely with numerous elected officials who support cannabis law reform, including as the former Campaign Manager for Washington State Representative Dave Upthegrove. He has also been published by multiple media outlets, including the Seattle Times. He can be reached at TheJointBlog@TheJointBlog.com.