In an interesting move, popular streaming service Netflix has developed a line of marijuana strains meant to be consumed with some of their most popular shows.
According to a press release each of the new strains were “cultivated with the specific shows in mind, designed to complement each title based on their tone.” For example, “sillier shows may be more indica dominant, while dramedies will be more sativa dominant to help the more powerful scenes resonate.”
Three of the strains – Omega Strain, Eve’s Bush, and Rutherford B. Haze – were created to compliment one of Netflix’s newest shows Disjointed, about a California-based dispensary owner. Other strains include:
- The Camp Firefood strain inspired by Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, described as a “very chill indica”
- Banana Stand Kush inspired by Arrested Development
- Vodkush inspired by Chelsea
- Prickly Muffin inspired by Bojack Horseman
- Peyotea 73 inspired by Grace and Frankie
- Sassafrass OG inspired by Lady Dynamite
- Poussey Riot inspired by Orange in the new Black
- Baka Bile inspired by Santa Clarita Diet; and
- Moon 13 inspired by Mystery Science Theater 300 Returns
According to Netflix, they aren’t making a profit from these strains, which were developed for promotional purposes.
About Anthony Martinelli
Anthony, co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of TheJointBlog, has worked closely with numerous elected officials who support cannabis law reform, including as the former Campaign Manager for Washington State Representative Dave Upthegrove. He has also been published by multiple media outlets, including the Seattle Times. He can be reached at TheJointBlog@TheJointBlog.com.